Security Guidelines for Working Remotely
As many of us begin to work remotely, please review and implement the University Guidelines for Working Remotely. This guideline provides detailed guidance on how to ensure your personal information and Yale’s data are properly protected while you work remotely. These guidelines should be implemented on any device (Yale-owned or personal) being used to access University data or resources. Click on the links below for more information on each guideline:
- YOU are the best defense
- Secure Your Home Network
- Utilize Yale’s VPN When Necessary
- Ensure each of your computers, mobile devices, programs, and apps are up to date with the latest software
- Run an Updated Anti-Virus Solution
- Initiate Full Disk Encryption
- Avoid Saving Data on Personal Devices or Printing Yale Data on a Personal Computer
- Purge Data from Personal Devices
- Limit Secondary Use of the Device (social media, kids, etc.)
This section provides links to University Information Security Policies.
If you believe your data has been lost or compromised, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report a malicious e-mail message (phish), forward the message to email@example.com.