As a member of the Yale community, you have access to Yale's online resources. Each member of the Yale community receives a Yale Net ID and password. Yale's Identity and Access Management (IAM@Yale) is the team behind the scenes. They manage and administer your identity and access to Yale's online resources.
The IAM@Yale team provides services that support every member of the Yale community. Below are ways IAM@Yale supports you.
Coming Soon: Enhancements to the NetID Management Tool
In mid-November, the Yale Information Security Office (ISO) will release an updated version of the NetID Management tool (yale.edu/netid).
We have created an updated guide for these new features.
Here is a summary of what to expect:
The activation flow will now include the collection and verification of a non-Yale email address which can be used to reset a forgotten password.
Members of the Yale community will be able to reset a forgotten password by responding to an email sent to their non-Yale email address.
A security checkup feature will allow users to:
- Check that their current password meets the new complexity standards.
- Once a password meets the new complexity standards, annual password changes will no longer be required.
- Verify that a non-Yale recovery email is on file.
- This email will be used to reset a forgotten password.
- View whether your email security is up to date.
- If you need to set up Modern Authentication, follow this guide.
Looking to make changes to your identity and access? Learn how to:
Looking to manage someone else's NetID? Learn how to:
- Request a NetID for someone not in Workday or Banner via Sponsored Identity.
- Manage access permissions (i.e. who has access to what) for NetIDs in your department.
Identity and Access for IT Support Providers
Are you an IT Support provider at Yale? Learn more about:
Learn how to manage NetIDs for new students, faculty, and staff.
For other questions or support regarding your Identity and Access, please contact the ITS Help Desk. Contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit the ITS website.