Important announcement about using Yale's MFA when traveling:
You must DUO-authenticate to access any CAS-protected or VPN-protected application from off-campus. This includes Microsoft Office 365 (e.g Outlook, Teams, OneDrive).
As of March 2022, DUO is blocking access to its services from sanctioned countries. These countries are regularly updated and explained on DUO's Knowledge Article. If you are traveling to an affected country, you will be unable to access most of Yale's online services.
Please see the University statement on Yale's U.S. Sanction and Embargo programs for more details.
You must DUO-authenticate to access any CAS-protected or VPN-protected application from off-campus.
DUO Everywhere extends DUO authentication to Microsoft Office 365 (e.g. Outlook, Teams, OneDrive) and CAS logins on and off campus.
If you use applications protected by CAS or VPN off-campus, you are already enrolled in DUO MFA.
Register your device:
- You will be prompted to register a device to DUO on your first attempt to access a DUO-protected resource. Enrolling in Duo and managing your Devices
Manage your Devices
- Go to DUO Device Manager at https://mfa.its.yale.edu to register a new device and manage your devices.
- How do I authenticate with sites at Yale, including VPN with AnyConnect?
- Can I authenticate without a smart phone?
- How do I add another device?
All my devices are in DUO—now what?
What should I do before travel?
- Prior to travel or work, you can obtain 10 backup codes to use when you do not have access to your authentication device. Get backup codes here
- See DUO Everywhere Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information.
- For additional assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit the website to view answers to trending questions, search how-to articles, start a chat, or report a problem.