Use Yale’s Multifactor Authentication (MFA) Service
If you are authorized to work from off-campus locations and use any application that requires the Central Authentication Service (CAS) or Virtual Private Network (VPN) you must use MFA to connect.
DUO Everywhere, which provides added protection by extending MFA both on-campus and off-campus to Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Teams and OneDrive) and CAS logins, is being deployed campus-wide in waves. To learn more, including how to enroll and manage devices, review the DUO Everywhere Frequently Asked Questions.
I am a new Yale community member. How do I get started?
If you use any application that requires the Central Authentication Services (CAS) or Yale’s Virtual Private Network (VPN), then you will need to know more about Multifactor Authentication or MFA. Your account at DUO Security, our MFA provider, is automatically created when your Yale affiliation is established.
Enrollment of a device is the first step with MFA
Now that my first device is enrolled…
- Device management is done by going to DUO via our VPN site at access.yale.edu
- How do I authenticate with sites at Yale, including VPN with AnyConnect?
- Can I authenticate without a smart phone?
- How do I add another device?
Now that all my devices are in DUO…
- I’m going to be traveling soon. Will everything work?
- How can I name them to something sensible, define which one is my default device, or have DUO send me a ‘push’ or a ‘phone call’ automatically when I connect to a protected resource?
- How do I access my shared mailboxes on OWA?
I still can’t find the information I need…
- See the MFA requently Asked Questions (FAQ) for greater detail on many more issues than those covered by these main topics.
- For additional assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit the ITS website to view the answers to trending questions, search how-to articles, start a chat, or report a problem.