Manage your NetID and online identity
Need to manage your online identity and access to Yale's resources? We've put together the following information to help you:
Protect your NetID and online identity
Your online identity confirms who you are and gives you access to what you need. Keep it secure by ensuring your NetID and directory information is:
- Yale directories should reflect your preferred name, address, and contact information.
- Employees should review and update identity information in Workday.
- Students should review and update identity information in Banner.
- Your NetID passwords, hardware tokens, and other electronic key access should never be shared with others.
- Directory information—Yale identity and contact information is published in online directories. This allows community members to identify and contact one another.
- You have the option to restrict information listed in public and university-wide directories, making it more difficult for others to contact you. University staff, faculty, and administrators will retain access to your information as needed. Contact HR (employees) or your registrar (students) for more information.
- Passwords should not be easy to guess.
- Physical devices that grant access e.g. keys and FOBs should be stored securely.
- DUO MFA protection should be enabled.