If your devices are stolen or lost, it's important to report it right away. The same is true should Yale data, especially high-risk data, be lost or stolen. Follow a few steps to report the incident.
Lost or stolen high-risk data
Act quickly to let us know about the loss of confidential information—this information may be a potential breach. The sooner we know, the sooner we can help you.
- If Protected Health Information—or ePHI—is lost or stolen, call 203-627-4665.
- Expect the HIPAA Privacy office to work with you to determine the next steps. In some cases, the event may need broader notification.
- Report other incidents involving Yale data to email@example.com or call 203-432-9000.
Important: For mobile devices, seek help to securely remove data before service cancellation.
Lost or stolen device containing Yale data
For lost or stolen data and/or devices, complete our lost/stolen form by clicking the button below.
If someone has broken into your computer:
- Disconnect your computer from the network.
- Contact the Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Security will investigate the incident and help you recover your system.
- If possible, please provide the following information:
- A description of the problem, including what happened and when
- Affected computers, including names and IP addresses
- Actions taken to address this incident
- Any other information that you have
Please note: ITS may be able to establish a location for the stolen device. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com.
It's better to be safe than sorry
If you see any abnormal or suspicious behavior on your IT System(s), report it. Learn how to identify suspicious behavior on our Report an Incident page.