Your small steps protect Yale’s big mission.
That’s true year round.
But in October we amplify our efforts for National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
We invite you to join us for a month of interactive, engaging and fun activities to boost your cyber knowledge and skills. By working together, we have the power to make a big difference in keeping Yale safe.
Let’s all do our part and be cybersmart.
Whether working on campus or remotely, we’ll share fun ways to stay safe and secure.
We’ll keep you informed and on your cybersecurity toes. Take part and you may even win some of our exclusive Cybersecurity Awareness swag. Examples include:
- Yeti tumblers
- Ring lights for virtual meetings
- Cybersecurity Awareness caps
- Cybersecurity Awareness tote bags
Whether you work on or off campus, join in our virtual activities starting Monday, October 4!
There’s something for everyone - panel discussions, guest speakers, competitions and more!
Do you know what do if you receive a suspicious email at work or home? Kickoff week of Cybersecurity Awareness Month gets you in the know through our interactive games.
Together we can make a big impact. We’ll show how your small steps ensure we deliver our mission securely.
Cyber criminals seek us out everywhere. We must be just as vigilant at home. Learn simple strategies no matter where you work or play. Hear from industry leaders about how to cyber-secure yourself.
Week 1 - Bee Aware: Cybersecurity Basics
Why join us? You’ll build your cybersecurity know-how in a fun, engaging way (with prizes too!)
Are you in the know about the latest cyber threats? Do you know what do if you receive a suspicious email at work or home? Kickoff week of Cybersecurity Awareness Month gets you in the know through our interactive games.
You’ll compete alongside your fellow Yalies to answer cybersecurity and Yale trivia questions.
Fun and games meet knowledge exchange during our kickoff week.
Register for Cybersecurity and Yale Trivia Games
You just may climb to the top of the leaderboard with your cybersecurity smarts and claim one of our cool prizes like a Cybersecurity Awareness Yeti tumbler!
Why join us? Together we can make a big impact.
We’ll show how your small steps ensure we deliver our mission securely.
- Sweating the small stuff does make a difference. Hear from our cybersecurity team about how our collective small steps help deliver Yale’s mission securely. We’ll host an interactive panel discussion designed to up your cyber know-how.
- Join our Small Steps, Big Difference campaign contest. Share a small step you’ve taken in the last month to keep your data safe and help protect our Yale mission. Submit your entry by Friday, October 29 to be entered to win a Cybersecurity Awareness Month Swag Bag!
Have questions about cybersecurity? Ask your favorite IT Support Provider, Operations Manager or Lead Administrator.
Week 3 - Bee Safe Everywhere: How to be safe on and off campus
Why join us? You’ll learn handy tips to maximize security at home, on campus and on the go!
Cyber criminals seek us out everywhere. We must be just as vigilant at home. Learn simple strategies no matter where you work or play. We’ll share tools you can use.
Lunch and Learn - "Bee a Home Expert" with David Miller on October 22!
Special guest David Miller, Chief Administrative Officer at Imagine Software, takes his cybersecurity prowess from 21+ years in the FBI. Learn how to shore up your cybersecurity awareness skills and share with those you love!
Week 4 - Bee Scary: Scare off cyber criminals with your cyber know-how
Why join us? We’ve got fun Halloween-themed awareness games to build your cyber know-how (and scare way cyber criminals).
No need to be scared when you’re armed with knowledge!
Test your knowledge about ransomware and horror film trivia too!
When you know what to look for, you can more easily take proactive steps to protect your data and systems.
Ways to get involved
- Participate in our Cybersecurity Awareness Month activities.
- Spread the word about Cybersecurity Awareness Month to a friend or colleague.
- Get your Lead Administrators & Operations Managers in on the fun!
- Download our Click with Caution poster, print and post in your work space, like Dean Cooley, Dean of the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (pictured here)
- Email us with any questions around our Cybersecurity Awareness Month efforts.